Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controllers possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR).
Who are we?
We are Hypa Concept. This means that we decide how your personal data is processed, and for what purposes, and process your personal data. Our offices are at Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury BL9 5BT.
How do we process your personal data?
Hypa Concept complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up-to-date, by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To generate and administer your marketing needs etc.;
• To market relevant offers and promotions to you.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Under Article 6 (1b) of the GDPR, the legal basis that Hypa Concept employs for processing your personal data is that processing of your personal data is necessary for performance of a contract of accounting and tax services to which you, the data subject is party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract of accounting and tax services.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as being strictly confidential, and will never be shared without your consent. All the personal data that we hold about you will be processed by our staff in the United Kingdom, and no third parties will have access to your personal data without your consent, or unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this information. Please be aware however, that your personal data may be stored in the future on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the European Union.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data securely for a maximum of 10 years, after which time it will be destroyed securely if it is no longer needed for the lawful purposes for which it was obtained. If you consent to receiving marketing from us, any information we use for this purpose will be held by us until such time as you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us.
Your rights and personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• to request a copy of your personal data which Hypa Concept holds about you;
• to request that Hypa Concept corrects any of your personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• to request your personal data to be erased where it is no longer necessary for Hypa Concept to retain such data;
• to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
• to request that Hypa Concept provides you with your personal data, and where possible, to transmit the data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
• where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• to object to the processing of your personal data with regards to Direct Marketing;
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).